Up at 6 this morning, and as the sun rose on a very clear morning we were off to Saint Sulpice train station. We were there in plenty of time before the 8.50 train to Paris.This was my last birthday treat, a trip back to Paris, with a surprise. All I knew was that we had to be there for 11am. For some reason I had decided that Chris waking me on a boat down the Seine. When we reached the Gare du Nord, he said that we had time for coffee at the book shop. So off to Notre Dame we went, up the stairs to another beautiful day, and then Joe ran across the road, said "hang on" and ran off. I thought I was dreaming, and started to cry. Was I imagining things? Then he reappeared with Jade. This was my last birthday surprise.

We eventually got to sit down in the Shakespeare & co cafe, after they had finished a photoshoot. We had a lot to talk about. Jade had only discovered Monday morning that her passport was out of date, so before catching the Eurostar from London on Tuesday, Jade and Joe had gone via Peterborough to get herself a new passport. They had arrived the night before and were staying tonight in a hotel.

We walked to a couple of caches, then onto the south bank. We found a great toy shop where we got a new train game, then had lunch outside St Sulphice (Di Vinci code).
Walked back to river, via a wonderful little model shop, past the Louvre and finally found a cookery shop I had been looking for. It was amazing.
Back past the Louvre, through the gardens and along the Christmas Fair. We managed to find a few more presents, and lots of nice food. Started to go cold, so went into the Louvre for an hour.
Then it was time for us to get our train home, so we headed for the Metro and they set off for their hotel.


No comments:
Post a Comment